Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Oats and Raisin Steam Cake madness

I am so into cake steaming!!! HAHAHA!

After I successfully steamed the apple steam cake for my little girl, I moved on to steaming oats and raisin steam cake! And again! She loves it! She ate so much that she has to skip her dinner! Hahahaha! Bad I know! She is addicted to it too!

Let’s get back to our main topic, oats and raisins steam cake. This round of steaming I got myself a smaller mold! A better size to be packed into her snacks box and also just nice for her to hold!




On top of that, I use Blackstrap Molasses instead of honey for this cake. Why Molasses? Molasses are high in Iron and Calcium content. Oh yes! Toddler needs calcium and iron in their diet! Molasses is not as sweet as honey.

 For your reference: (I am not a nutritionist, just a researcher, you may want to check with a nutritionist/doctor if you have any doubts)

1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses: 172 mg Calcium
1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses: 1 mg Iron

Source and references:

Ok, enough of nutritional info.
Let’s go back to steaming! For oats and raisins, I used rolled oats and normal raisin. Note that rolled oats takes a long time to cook (instant oats cooks faster). Hence, I soak them overnight, drain the water and I blend the oats with the raisins (because my girl dislike chewing). You can skip the blending part if your child prefers chewy texture. 
Munching on big sweet raisins makes a child happy! *Wink!*

steam oats and raisin cake

Here you go! The recipe for Toddler Oats and raisin Steam Cake! (~3 egg tart size cake).

 Not recommended for children bellow 1 year old (No Molasses for children below 1)
Steam cake recipe:

½ cup of all purpose flour
1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
1 egg
2 tablespoon of rolled oats
1 tablespoon of raisins
2 tablespoon of grated cheese (cheddar)
1 tablespoon of molasses
3 tablespoon of natural yogurt/milk

Just mix everything and steam for 8-10 min/until cook.


Have fun steaming and feeding your toddler!

No comments:

Pages