Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Now A MOM


The word “Baby” does not mean anything to me all these years. Even though I got married early, “Baby” was not what I would even plan or think about at that time or maybe never! I could not imagine myself pregnant, carrying a baby (which I don’t at all before this), feeding a baby, going around with a baby, cleaning poop and pee and etc. Just NO! I would probably sucked as a mom. I was just comfortable as myself and doing my thing my own way and timing. Just not as a mom! I Have no idea how to handle or talk to a kid!

The fact is like it or not, the moment you get married, everyone will ask and some will pressure you about babies. Growing up in a Christian family background plus Chinese culture, we don’t live/sleep/vacation alone with our potential spouse until we get married. BAH! Very traditional and conservative I know! So why not enjoy the two after marriage before moving on to 3 or more (Just my point of view and you do not have to agree/disagree with it!)? Hewp! I can write all my point of views about marriage and baby timeline here but let’s just save it for another post or maybe not at all.

Moving to the next phase of life (Parenthood) was not an easy decision. It was an exciting move for my hubby but it was rather “yes and no” situation for me. Being neither here nor there, I was actually very lost. Making the matter worst, I have a very frequent traveler hubby (due to his job nature). It was tough to face the stress all alone most of the time which eventually draws down to depression (and yet nobody understands but God understands). Phew. After much consideration, negotiations (YES NEGOTIATE) and lectures, we finally decided on family expansion after 2 years of marriage (I was still trying to sort out my life with plus one!).

After nine months of baking (spending my entire second trimester in Montreal with hubby), I am finally a mom with a physical baby in my arms! Me being me, as hard as a rock, as rebellious and a cow, you can imagine how hard I fought between scientific/medical facts and traditional myths throughout my pregnancy plus confinement. It was not easy and until today myths still don’t make sense to me but hey! I am born Chinese! So accept it! Some advices are given through observations and own experiences without clinical test and they may or may not benefit you. And me being a researcher, I guess I would have to learn to accept some of what I don’t see/read or tested. So my advice, just listen, you might need them or maybe not along the way. CHEERS! (Seriously…. Drink more soy bean for fairer baby? Or don’t eat octopus during pregnancy or else something will pull baby in the womb and you can’t push the baby out! Muahahaha!) Ok, fine, people still do believe in those myths! So please! Respect! MILO MAKES BABY BLACK! Tell me that! I am a milo addict! OK! *Make peace!*

Beautiful Sky in Montreal, Canada

Today, I am a blessed mom of a one year old darling. I am so blessed to be given a choice to handle my baby on my own. Being a 24 hour mom, it teaches me life beyond myself. I learned to love, care and to give more than I could even imagine. I couldn’t see myself as a mom who cleans/touches poop and yet I did it! Well, I guess she changes me. It is amazing to see how God works. From month to month I see her grow, change and does new tricks like how she begin to crawl and now walk (very fast and sudden!)! It is beyond what I can imagine to see how God created human to be and experiences are beyond what we read on books/articles. As a researcher, I call this “practice brings theory to life”! Seriously, I think I read a lot ever since I am a mom! Ah well, there are so many things to learns when it comes to babies and not to forget about what to feed them when they started to eat! I have never been so serious about food until I am pregnant and even more when started feeding my baby. We all know that articles are articles. So do talk to other moms or your doctor for some information too! That is how I learn about motherhood from zero to something. HEHE! Baby friendly home? Bah! Don’t even talk about it! It was not an issue until she turns one! Now I am learning to make my home baby friendly. So do wish me luck! (Advices and Ideas are welcome too!)The journey of growing together is priceless and to be able to give the best for her is definitely a blessing from God. Her laughter and presence brings so much joy to the family.


A very playful girl

I think u can see me and my baby getting chubbier together! HAHAHA!
Hubby fed us well! *HUGS*



We as a parent, we learn so much by having so much hands on experience. We are glad to have a strong baby who is able to follow us no matter where we fly. By trial and error (I hope no serious damage), I am glad we made it! Not an easy task but a fulfilling one! *High Five!* 

Hugs to all mom and mom to be out there!

No comments:

Pages